JOB TITLE: Program Director, Psy.D. Degree Program
Founded in 1952, the Adler School of Professional Psychology is the longest standing independent school of psychology in North America, with campuses in Chicago and Vancouver. In keeping with its mission to graduate well trained, socially responsible practitioners, the Adler School offers an APA-accredited Psy.D. program and several master’s degree programs at its Chicago campus and several master’s degree programs in Vancouver. The Vancouver campus and its programs operate under the consent of the BC Ministry of Advanced Education, which has recently authorized the Vancouver campus to offer a Psy.D. Degree Program.
The Psy.D. Program Director will play a lead role in implementing and managing an innovative and state of the art curriculum for our new Vancouver-based Psy.D.program in clinical psychology. Reporting directly to the Dean of the Vancouver campus and working in collaboration with Psy.D. program leadership in Chicago, the Vancouver Psy.D. Program Director will play a leadership role in the field of psychology in Canada, introducing the Psy.D. degree to Western Canada.
Responsibilities of the Psy.D. Program Director position include recruiting, supervising and evaluating Core and Adjunct faculty for the program; providing leadership in implementing and monitoring the effectiveness of the curriculum; collaborating with Admissions in the recruitment of students and leading program assessment and evaluation. The position would allow for some teaching and research supervision in areas of interest and expertise, but would focus on administrative duties.
This position will involve either a four-day or five-day per week appointment.
- A doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from a CPA or APA-accredited program.
- Prior experience in administration/management in higher education, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a capacity to work effectively as part of a management team, and an ability to collaborate effectively with students, faculty, and professional staff.
- Strong record of clinical experience, graduate level teaching and clinical training using the scholar-practitioner model.
- Strong record of scholarship related to clinical psychology.
- Registration with or registration eligible with the BC College of Psychologists
- Must pass a pre-employment background check.
In addition, a particular commitment of the School, rooted in Adler's emphasis on social interest, is training psychologists to work with marginalized and underserved populations and who are committed to social justice. Candidates with particular interest in this mission and with demonstrated experience in these areas are preferred.
- Recruit and supervise Core and Adjunct faculty members assigned to the doctoral program
- Work with faculty members to oversee the effectiveness and quality of the curriculum
- Oversee annual course scheduling process for doctoral program.
- Participate in and support activities pertinent to assessment of student learning, instructional effectiveness, and institutional research.
- Collaborate with the Admissions Department in marketing and admissions activities to promote the doctoral program and recruit and select students of high quality.
- Collaborate with Department of Training and Community Service in activities to develop clinical practica and internships.
- Coordinate activities related to pursuing CPA-accreditation of doctoral program
Applications, including a letter outlining your interest in and suitability for this position, and your curriculum vitae should be sent to:
Larry Axelrod, Ph.D.
Dean, Vancouver Campus
Adler School of Professional Psychology
1090 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 3V7
Email submissions are welcome. The Adler School is committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from people of Aboriginal ancestry, women, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Applications will be kept in strict confidence. Close date for applications is December 31, 2012.