Police Psychology Curriculum
The Master of Arts in Police Psychology is a 33 credit hour program that can be completed in as little as 18 months. Courses are offered evenings, weekends and online to help overcome the challenges law enforcement personnel can face in attending graduate school.
The Master of Arts in Police Psychology program does not focus on conducting therapy or engaging in psychological testing, so there are no required clinical hours or practicums. Successful completion of this program includes the courses listed below. Course descriptions can be found in the Adler School Catalog.
- 402: Introduction to Adlerian Psychology and Psychopathology (3 credits)
- 750: Police Psychology (3 credits)
- 751: Psychology of Police Organizations (3 credits)
- 752: Assessment Issues in Police Psychology (3 credits)
- 753: Psychology of Critical Incidents and Trauma (3 credits)
- 754: Psychology of Evil and Criminal Behavior (3 credits)
- 755: Psychology of Terrorism (3 credits)
- 756: Social and Community Psychology (3 credits)
- 757: Psychology of Leadership (3 credits)
- 758: Tactical and Field Psychology (3 credits)
- 759: Thesis & Portfolio Development (3 credits)
Total credit hours: 33