Maricruz Ramos, M.A. Chicago Campus
Maricruz Ramos, M.A., LPC
Core Faculty, M.A. in Counseling Program
I chose to teach at the Adler School because my personal and professional values, which emphasize social justice principles such as equity, dignity, and access to resources for all, match those of our school’s mission. The Adler School is different from other schools because it focuses on social justice principles in the provision of mental health services to under-served populations.
My areas of specialization are counseling ethics, career development, multicultural counseling, group psychotherapy, and supervising MA practicum. Currently, I lead parent education workshop series for Spanish Speaking parents on behalf of the Adler Child Guidance Center.
Please e-mail or call me (312-662-4309) if you have questions or would like more information about me.
- Ed.D., Counselor Education and Supervision
- M.A., Guidance and Counseling
- B.A., Psychology
Licensure and Certifications
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Illinois
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) by NBCC
- Distance Credentialed Counselor (DCC) by CCE
- Positive Discipline Parent Educator Certification
- Positive Discipline Classroom Educator
- American Counseling Association
- Illinois Counseling Association
- Chicago Counseling Association
- Illinois Association for Multicultural Counseling
- Illinois Counselors for Social Justice
- National Career Development Association
- Teaching the ACA advocacy competencies presented at the North Central Association for Counselor Educators and Supervisors, 2010
- Mentoring: Career interventions with Latino and African American Students”, presented at the National Career Development Association (NCDA), Chicago, IL, 2006.
- “Counseling Research Teams”, “co-led presentation with Dr. Carole W. Minor presented at the North Central ACES in St. Louis, MO, 2004.
- "Gender issues for Women in Academia”, co-presented with Dr. Carole W. Minor, American Counseling Association (ACA), Kansas City, MO, 2004.