6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Maggiano's Little Italy-Schaumburg
The Office of Alumni Relations invites you to a networking event for group and individual practitioners to facilitate connections and build your professional network.
- Expand your practice
- Connect with other practitioners
- Increase referral sources
- Learn about potential job and post-doc openings
Refreshments and a light dinner will be provided. Feel free to share this with colleagues and fellow alumni in the area. The event will be held at Maggiano’s Little Italy, 1901 E. Woodfield Rd., Schaumburg, IL 60173.
Please RSVP to Wendy Crupper, Director of Alumni at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have quesitons, call Wendy at 312.662.4036.
9:45 AM - 4:00 PM
An experiential six-hour session with much of the time in silence. Participants will experience a Day of Mindfulness and Contemplative Practice: sitting and walking meditation, a mindful meal, tea service, engaging Buddhist teachings and Contemplative Christian readings, group discussion and a question and answer period.
A willingness to be fully present without distraction during the day is the only prerequisite.
This workshop is free but registration is required. Please RSVP to email@example.com by September 22, 2014. All members of the Adler community are welcome.
The workshop facilitator are:
- Bethan LLoyd is a Registered Clinical Counsellor focused on Buddhist Psychology and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy with individuals and groups. She has practiced in the engaged Buddhist tradition of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh for over 15 years and received lay ordination as a member of the Tiep Hien Order of Interbeing in 2000.
- Kathleen Irvine is a Registered Psychologist and Core Faculty in Counselling Psychology at Adler School. She was introduced to Mindfulness many years ago and for the past 3 years has been practicing Centering Prayer, a form of meditation coming from the Christian mystical and contemplative tradition.
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Connect with old friends and faculty, congratulate the School’s most recent graduates and celebrate the classes of 2009, 2004, 1999, 1994, and 1989 at Adler School Reunion 2014.
Previously known as Homecoming, the annual alumni reception featuring appetizers, cocktails, and live music will take place Saturday, October 18 at the Chicago campus. The Alumni Association Leadership Board will also present its Adler School Outstanding Alumni Awards.
All Adler School alumni, faculty, students, staff, and community partners are invited to nominate alumni for Outstanding Alumni recognition. These awards are given to alumni who are continuing the Adler School’s mission while making an impact in their communities. We will be seeking nominations for alumni soon.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
The Adler School's Vancouver Campus Reunion 2014 will be on Oct. 30 from 6-8 p.m., at the Vancouver campus.
Previously known as the New Grad and Alumni Wine and Cheese, the annual alumni reception featuring appetizers and cocktails will take place Thursday October 30th at the Vancouver campus. The Vancouver Alumni Association Leadership Board will also present its Adler School Outstanding Alumni Awards.
All Adler School alumni, faculty, students, staff, and community partners are invited to nominate alumni for Outstanding Alumni recognition. These awards are given to alumni who are continuing the Adler School’s mission while making an impact in their communities. To nominate an alumna/alumnus, please complete our online nomination form.
For more information, email Stephanie Haslam, Manager Student and Alumni Services.