The Office of Admissions invites you to join us for an Information Session! At an Information Session, you will meet one of our Admissions Counselors and receive a tour of the campus. Following the tour, Admissions Counselors will review program information and answer questions for those who are interested. Tours will begin promptly at 2:00pm, so please allow plenty of time to arrive to campus.
We encourage you to RSVP in advance, as space is limited.
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
The Institute on Social Exclusion (ISE) Social Exclusion Simulation (SES) is a powerful role-play exercise that allows participants to see more clearly the ways in which society’s systemic and structural barriers produce social exclusion for certain groups of people. The SES simulates social exclusion processes by replicating the experiences of formerly incarcerated women attempting to re-enter society following their release from prison.
Participants include students, faculty and staff of the Adler School, members of the greater Chicagoland community, anyone interested in learning more about social exclusion. Participants adopt authentic Chicago-based case histories of formerly incarcerated women and are tasked with re-entering society – finding a place to live, a job, healthcare and other necessities – in the face of structural and systemic barriers.
The SES is important because it helps participants understand the limits of personal responsibility and the critical role for social change initiatives.
Participant outcomes include:
- An increased understanding of what structural and systemic barriers are and how they work to undermine opportunity and access.
- Increased appreciation of practical limits of personal responsibility, agency, and choice.
- Increased motivation to adopt attitudinal and behavioral changes in pursuit of social change.
- Increased empathy for other marginalized groups.
- Apprehend the shock and disappointment about roadblocks of re-entry.
To register and for more information about the Social Exclusion Simulation, contact the Institute on Social Exclusion at ISE@adler.edu.