Consider attending one of
our upcoming events.
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The Adler Abilities Symposium is an event that works to foster a deeper understanding of the issues that persons with disabilities face and overcome daily. Through guest presentations from Chicago area nonprofits, students, and researchers as well as artistic performances, the Abilities Symposium’s primary focus is on ability, resilience, and available resources within the Chicago community that assist persons with disabilities specifically focusing on sport, physical activity, community, and workplace resources.
Conference topics include, Disability Sports, Portrayal of Disability in Comics, Workplace resources and awareness, Special guest performances, Student Poster Session and Student Project Exhibit.
- Registration (Exhibit and poster session setup)
- Keri Schindler and Melissa Stockwell, Dare to Tri
- Segal Design Institute at Northwestern project exhibit
- Student poster session
- Joe Chiappetta, M.A., CPM
- Portrayal of Disability in Comics
- Presentation on themes from Common Book Club Book
- David DeNotarius (Keynote presentation)
- Keynote Q&A
- Student Poster Session Awards
- Symposium closing
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
New to LinkedIn or interested in stepping up your LinkedIn game? Join SOP and your fellow students on Thursday, March 14 and learn everything from setting up a profile to ways to reach out to your connections! Food and refreshments will be provided.
Location: Room 16-100